Struggling with the loss of my mum

I’m in my late 20s and my mum was in her early 50s. She died suddenly less than 2 weeks into this year. She was my best friend, the person I went to for any issue, the person who helped me through my worst times and my biggest cheerleader no matter what I was doing. She was the person who loved me the most in the whole world, and vice versa.

I just don’t know how I can carry on without her. She’s not going to be here for any big events in my life, and she is the only person I would have wanted at any of them anyway. And now she’s gone.

I have a loving family and lots of friends, but I still struggle every single day without her. I know it’s only early days, but I just don’t know if I can cope living the rest of my life without her. Life just feels pointless.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss and to lose your mum at such a young age. You are right there is nothing that can even describe how this loss feels. I am the same as you have a big family and friends support but it’s not your mum, they were always there no matter what. I was out today with a friend who also lost her mum at their favourite restaurant and as much as I was fortunate to have that memory with her before Xmas it was difficult as we sat at the same table when last there. I am not going to say it easy or gets easier as it’s not for me but just keep posting how you feel. They were so important in our lives and there is no other person that comes close.
Sending hugs and take care.
Valda :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I see your pain I feel your pain it is not much but I am with you at your lowest and we will be here on our journeys together as daughters without mothers :heart: sending much love I talk to my mom every day on here xxx

1 Like

I honestly feel your pain right now as I to lost my Mother 2 weeks ago, I’m 32 and she was only 50. It just doesnt feel real does it! I’ve been questioning life ever since, why are we put here to experience such heartache and pain. My heart goes out to you :heart:

3 Likes