Struggling

After loosing my best friend the person I turned to for everything through suicide I’m struggling I’m not coping at work I’m now on sick leave I’ve pushed most people away from me because of grief I’m not coping at home getting stressed and snapping at everything anyone know if any way to try to cope with feelings of sadness, anger, guilt etc

Hello Torie.

I’m so sorry to hear about the lose of your best friend. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide - http://uk-sobs.org.uk/ 0300 111 506.

Please continue to post, Torie, our lovely members will respond to you very shortly.

Take care,
Audrey,
Online Community Team.

1 Like

Thank you I need to come to terms and try and grieve properly for my own sanity
I’m trying to access support groups I’m struggling to even function at the moment x

Hello Torie,

Thanks for replying!

Have you thought about making an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area? Or, if you are feeling really vulnerable, then you can always give the Samaritans a call. They offer a 24/7 free helpline: 116 123, also via jo@samaritans.org

Take care, keep safe,
Audrey,
Online Community Team