Struggling

Hi I have just joined the group. I lost my husband in August 2020
.we had been together for 39 years and we have 10 children.I miss him so much every day is so difficult I also have agraphobia so don’t get out anywhere .I miss him so much

I have suffered with agoraphobia on and off all my life. I have tried to hide it and always worked locally. I feel ashamed to tell people. Since my husband died I go to walk the dog on the park and if I can’t manage that just the local streets. I don’t even want to be alone in the house. It doesn’t feel a safe place anymore. All I have done is cry since I woke up. It’s been ten months since my husbaa as nd died and I just feel life will never get any better x

1 Like

Hi we are all struggling on here it is so hard being in the house alone so empty I am finding it so hard no one to speak to who cares and wants to listen now 8 months with out my love of my life I just don’t know what life holds for me I have family but feel they have there life I don’t want to be a worry to them still can not decide if getting a dog is right for me yet we would both be getting out pension and bus pass making plans together how do we move on have to make plans by myself it’s horrific sorry I am feeling very negative angry and sorry for myself do joy feel a very good person annoyed with family who just don’t care now guess they don’t have room in there life for my sadness well guess I have to get dressed and pick myself up but what for hope some of you are copping with your day better than me xxx

1 Like

Hi Rose . I lost my mum almost 8 months ago and i am still struggling . I hate being alone in my flat , unless i go to the shops i can go days without talking to anyone . Its so hard living alone . Take care.
Love Angie xx

1 Like

You take care xx

1 Like

Hi Rose
I am finding it hard hearing friends and family making plans for holidays and weekends away. That’s what we would usually do but you are right it’s so hard making plans when you have no one to make plans with. Just not the same going anywhere on your own xx

Wendy my husband passed 10th November 2020 it’s a hard road we travel i cry most days but not all day but I miss him so much he was my other half we were together 44years married 47 years together lv annie x x

Thankyou all I can relate to everything in all these messages. I hate being in the house alone and unless family pop round I see no one .I’ve not been out the house since March 2020 I struggle to even go in the garden. I’m so sorry for you all its a horrible place to be a very dark and lonely tunnel with no light at the end of it .love and hugs to you sll

2 Likes

Sending love wendyron x x x

1 Like

@Angie4

I empathise with you so much. House is so empty without my mum and if not at work then can go days without speaking to anyone. Try to fill up my days off and nights but seems pointless somehow.

Hope you are keeping well and having a good day,

Suzanne x

1 Like

Hi @Suzanne30 . I also go days without talking to anyone , its awful and the dark nights make it worse. I try to keep busy , watch tv but nothing compensates . We will never get over losing our mums . I’m keeping well thanks and hope you are too .Take care.
Love Angie xx

1 Like

I sympathise with you all. It’s the emptiness and the silence. I’m okay if someone is in the house but as soon as I am alone this silence is deafening. I’ve never been alone and don’t like it but it is the life I now live. Friends have stopped ringing, they text so they cannot hear the misery and sadness. I cannot blame them. I am not good company but I want to talk about H as if he was still here and I think it makes friends uncomfortable. My love has not stopped suddenly because my soulmate has died I think some people think I’m a robot and should have no feelings and should have got over a lifetime of love in a few months. When I married it was for life and that will never change. The love I feel will never change. Unless they have experienced losing a partner they will never comprehend what we are all going through x

4 Likes

Hiya nel had my daughter here yesterday but when she went I couldn’t stop crying I’m lonely but what can we do lv annie x

I agree with all you say I feel the same I will love him till I die hope he knows that and I don’t have to live too long without him as I don’t know how xx

2 Likes