Struggling

Thank you for letting me Join.
I am struggling to come to terms with the sudden loss of my Dad since he passed away in November.
Each day at the moment is hard, I so miss his voice :cry: will it get any easier?

3 Likes

yes it will. but I always say use this time it is your special time to grieve. it is an important though painful time. it is a holy time. you must go through it and give it its due.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it gets easy. I lost my mom suddenly and unexpectedly to cardiac arrest 3 weeks ago and I am in extreme pain. I will happily welcome my death if it comes. But I won’t try it myself because I can’t do that to my dad and also because this body I have is made up by mom’s cells when I was inside her womb for 9 months. I’m her DNA.
You can help you keep going by talking to people on this site, going to therapy, writing to you dad. I also watch Matt Fraser YouTube videos and near death experience videos. I never believed in those things but I have started to for selfish reasons. I am hopeful my mom is still around and I will reunite with her one day.
Some books which make it 0.0001% easier are
-Good Grief bu Theresa Caputo
-its ok to not be ok by Megan Devine
-grief of a parent and loss by Cortez Ranieri

I am so sorry for your loss and I can totally understand what you are going through. It’s not easy to live this phase but there are things which can make it easier to love through this phase.

2 Likes

Berit,

I absolutely agree.

Grief is so very personal, it can never be fully explained or adequately shared. It is uniquely for each person, with support, to in time, accept what at present, may seem unacceptable.