Struggling

Dad died 3 years ago and it’s been 4 months since mum died, the inquest was a couple of weeks ago and I’m going on holiday tomorrow. My first holiday since mum died and I’m getting anxious about it. I’ve been on antidepressants for 2 weeks and I’m not sure whether it’s a good idea to go and stay in a cabin in the woods at a Center Parc on my own. I’ve booked some activities to take my mind off things but I 've been getting really emotional today. Going to see a solicitor about making my will tomorrow before I set off. Hopefully I’m just overreacting and it will be fine xx

Hi @Victoria22,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Saw the solicitor about making a will this morning, she was nice so needn’t have worried about it. Also, arrived at Center Parc and the lodge is nice even if I did burn the BBQ food. I think I was over thinking everything. x

Well done for being brave and going on your own, it’s only natural to feel anxious but when you actually do it sometimes it’s never as bad as you think it will be.
Hope you managed to have a nice time

2 Likes

How brave to go on your own and I’m so sorry for your losses.
It’s easy to overthink things when we are bereaved but it is highly understandable.
I also find I am hyper sensitive to everything.
Take care of yourself while you are away and try enjoy the little things as much as you can.
Sending hugs xx

1 Like