Struggling

I’m struggling. My partner and man I cared for, for 6 years passed away on Saturday (22nd June). His name was Eric. He was my rock, my soul mate. Without him I fall apart, I don’t want to be here anymore. I want to be with him. The bond that was so unbreakable has now broken and broken me and my heart into a million pieces. I’m dead inside. No one to turn to, no one around me that cares enough. No one that understands how I feel.
I am only still here because my son needs me, but how I wish he didn’t need me, because going to be with Eric is better than handling this pain. I’m trying to be strong, but it’s so hard and I’m so so tired. I just want to wake up from this nightmare.
Thanks for listening x

3 Likes

I’m so sorry @cherswansea2001 that you have lost your soulmate - it truly is awful that you are here and suffering this pain.
It’s so early for you, everything will feel so intense and raw.
And I completely understand about not wanting to be here anymore - but your son needs you - perhaps you can suppprt each other at this time.
Just try to get through each day at the moment - try to rest and ear when you can. Grief is exhausting and takes up all your headspace. It takes time to heal a broken heart - allow yourself time and it should get better.
Sending strength to you and I hope you get some rest tonight xx