Struggling

Hi, my name is Wendy and I lost my daughter to suicide 4 years ago, she was only 18. I struggle everyday, I miss her so much and wish that she was here. She was loved and cherished so much but struggled with her mental health in her teens. I ll never come to terms with what happened and it feels like the world keeps on going butI feel like i m in a bubble of grief.

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss, I can understand how you feel but perhaps in a different way, I lost my son March 2023, aged 35, drugs related. I still can’t believe it, I will never see him again. I too live in a very little bubble of people I see, what I do, where I go as it’s the only way I can cope. I a prefer to be on my own and find it easier to talk to people who I have never met than people I have known for years.
I’m not sure by writing this is any help to you whatsoever however I do understand the pain and emotions you must be feeling. Take care

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss also. Thank you for your kind words. It feels like a release to get things off my chest to someone who understands the pain and loss that is experienced when a child dies. Take care also.

1 Like

This is the place where you feel safe to let your real feelings out. I think it helps. I also write a daily journal which I find helps me. Maybe worth a try. Anything to get us through this hell journey. I very rarely see many people, just can’t deal with it, I live in my little bubble…my safety net.

1 Like

On the 17th of July last year at 1.50 pm our wonderful son died in hospital from secondary bone cancer. He was aged 47 he died within 3 months, he had special needs but he was wonderful. We were there when he died holding his hands, we’re came away from the hospital with a carrier bag full of his things, and his death certificate and info on how to register his death.Today I have a box with a lock of his hair and the legion badge he used to wear. On the top of the box is three candles one for my husband one for me and one for my daughter. We lit the candles at 1.50 ,and the tears just flowed.We have just got to find a cure for this terrible secondary bone cancer, as more people go into remission,this is going to be biggest cancer killer. Once it gets into the bone marrow you just bleed to death.

1 Like