Sudden death of someone young

My brother died recently. He was in his early 30s and had his whole life ahead of him. The death was sudden, unexpected and very traumatic for us all. He was a wonderful, kind, happy person in his life and his loss has obliterated us.

I am feeling so many things. Sadness, guilt, despair, regret, panic and fear. I feel the physical pain of grief and ache for the life that was taken from him.

I have a family to support, my children and my parents need me. How can I manage their grief and my own without spiralling into a black hole?

Hello @Bimble,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. It sounds like his death was a huge shock to you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Seaneen

I am so sorry for your loss , But this seem to be a thing that is happening a lot now. So many dying at a young age, from cancer. Mental health, sepsis it is never ending . Try to give yourself a little time to adjust , make sure you eat well and try to sleep . Remember if you get I’ll it does not help.take care and thinking of you :pray::pray::heart: