Sudden death

My husband died very suddenly in March, I found him dead in bed, aged just 42. I’ve had some terrible moments through the last six months, felt like is was starting to feel "normal again but it’s got me full force in the face again, feels like only yesterday again. I need him back with me so much.

Dear JPT
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved husband, I lost my 24 year old son in an accident just over 4 months ago and some days I think I am coping and others I feel incapable of doing anything at all. I might be at work and then something triggers a memory and them I am unable to continue with what I am doing and the tears come. I think the last 4 months have been the longest and quickest of my life, I miss my son every second of every day and I know you must feel the same way about your husband, 24 and 42 are so young. I find it totally necessary to cry ever day, especially in the morning, if I don’t I feel like I might explode with the grief.
Do you have lots of suport? I hope that you do and that you have peop;e around you that you can talk to.
Take care
Janet

Dear JPT, I am so sorry for your loss, my husband also died suddenly and unexpectedly on 29th December aged 59. He was working abroad, I’d been speaking to him during the day everything was absolutely normal but that night I got a phone call to say that he had died. The shock is so hard to deal with and there are many days where I still can’t believe this has happened, Take care of yourself.

Hi, I was so sorry to read your news. It’s not long ago at all and it is going to take time. I too lost my husband suddenly, no warning. It hits you for six and I don’t think at the time we realise the impact on our health or body. Grief impacts. Keep writing your thoughts, it helps and you are certainly not alone. You will never forget, it will become a new type of ‘normal’ but grief will appear when you least expect it… I was driving the other day and a piece of music came on the radio, not particularly significant, but the tears were rolling down my face. I was so cheesed off as I was on my way to a meeting and I was particularly pleased with the make up that morning… whatever! But I had a good old cry and felt a little better. (I am six years on…) It will improve. Look after yourself. xxx