Sudden loss?

My mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly two weeks ago. She was only 58 and had no health issues. Not even a single one. Her regular heart tests etc were all normal. I’m struggling a lot. Im still in a state of shock and can’t believe this just happened. I talked to her the same day and everything was fine. I don’t know if I can keep going. I know even when death is expected, it hurts but the sudden loss is like the person was suddenly snatched from us and gone. Did anyone of you had this unfortunate experience? can you advise how I can manage it? I’m in a bad state. I have support but they expect me to get back to my usual routine. I don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

I lost my dad just last week.He was poorly. However is passed away very quickly. We weren’t expecting him to go so quickly. Its never easy to loose someone even if there is some time with them .i was lucky to be by his side when he passed. When i got to the hospital i didn’t know he was dying .untill the doctor ssid he wouldn’t make it through the night .within an hour of me sitting with him. He went .im so heartbroken .

So sorry for your loss. I can’t ask you to stay strong because those are just words which seem impossible for us. I’m broken. I’m in bad state and I think I will forever in a bad state

My partner was found dead in his house, the sudden shock is unbelievable, as a way to cope you go into shock for me I couldn’t eat just drank tea, it keeps hitting you as you try to process I knew my parents were going to die and it was different, very hard but not this awful snatching away I’m so sorry about your Mum, I hope there is some way you can relieve the expectations on you, very best wishes

Hi Caroline, so sorry for your loss. I’m still in a state of shock and disbelief but it hits every other second that this actually happened and I will never meet her ever again. I am spending all my day on this site and it is bringing me some comfort. I also write letters to her throughout the day. I sit with our family picture. I don’t do anything else and I don’t even want to do anything else. My mom is my world, she is my heartbeat so how can I live without her. I am struggling. Have started anti depressants and sleep medication. Also going to counselling sessions but nothing can fix the main problem. I am just hoping that I die soon and go to her.

1 Like

My Mum used to say that she ‘made me’ like her children were her creation, I was very close to my mum and could never imagine a time without her. In a way it was made easier as she died of Alzheimer’s and I spent a lot of time with her and slowly slowly she left, at the end I wanted her to be released what I’m trying to say is you are your mums legacy, you are a part of her it is very early days for you and as we said you are in shock at the moment, it is extremely painful and your body just lets you handle it a bit at a time, that’s when we get those awful waves, but I promise each wave you are processing and going forward it feels like it will never change and you are in a dark hole but things will slowly change. It’s very good you are getting support, I did too with my partner as it was unbearable, now it has changed a bit I’m having very quiet time please take care :hibiscus:

Thanks so much for these words. They gave me hope. I am made up from my mom’s cells. Your mom said it right. I can’t disrespect my mom’s creation. It’s good to know there is a way out of that dark hole. I will try my best to get out it.
I spend all day on this site, reading posts from others and it brings me comfort knowing that l a lot of people are going through this and I’m not alone.

1 Like

I feel that i cant see of if i will ever get over loosing him .his funeral is next week .i know ill be bad on the day. I know his has gone but it doesn’t seem real …its hard for us to say things as we are all going through the same thing.

1 Like

Im so sorry for your loss also