Sudden loss

Thanks all for your responses . We all feel such loss and are dealing with it in our own ways x

1 Like

I have children too but only see three of them as the others are too busy to even text me, so that is one of the reasons why I decided to do something on my own, to help with the loss of not just my husband but most of my children, Iā€™m getting there slowly and Iā€™m proud of what Iā€™ve done, but I just wish my husband was here to see it!! Time is a healer, but itā€™s a very long time yhesl fully xx

Hi. Your experience is very similar to mine. 6 weeks ago my husband, age 52, told me on the Monday morning that he was experiencing panic attacks. When I asked if he knew what the cause was he said he was stressed at work. He experienced another episode Tuesday morning before he went to work. Once at work he messaged to say heā€™d just had a huge attack and perhaps he should see a GP. He saw a GP that night. Wednesday morning he said he had a small attack whilst having breakfast but off to work he went. 6.30 he messaged me saying he had had another big one and at 7.25 I had a phone call telling me to get to the hospital ASAP as he had had a huge heart attack and was in cardiac arrest and it wasnā€™t good. Sadly he didnā€™t come back to me. To say Iā€™m heartbroken is an understatement, we lived for each other, we didnā€™t have children it was just the 2 of us. I am really finding it very difficult to get through the days. I feel lost, lonely but most of all heartbroken. Life is just so cruel and all you do us watch people around you getting on with their lives and you feel everything, jealous, bitter and resentment. Iā€™m hoping that those feelings will go. I really donā€™t know what to do.

3 Likes

Hi @JackieM1966, I am so sorry for your loss. For me my husband had been ill for a long time and I knew the inevitable was coming. You must be deverstated that he died so quickly and without warning. My heart goes out to you and the pain you are in.
Life is cruel and it seems so unfair, I not going to tell it will be easy, there is no quick fix for grief.
Those feeling you describe will lessen, but it is so new and raw for you itā€™s going to take time. Just hold on to the love you have for each other and take one day at a time, small steps.
We are all here for you. Debbie X

1 Like

@JackieM1966 - Iā€™m so sorry that youā€™ve lost your husband so suddenly. My husband died 17 weeks ago. He was 55 and his death was sudden and very unexpected. It still doesnā€™t feel real. I feel like Iā€™m walking around in a daze.
Iā€™m back at work and people have mostly gone back to their lives, but Iā€™m not sure what life I have now. I have to find a new one as all my plans died 17 weeks ago.
I hope you have friends around you - they are important. I take invitations when theyā€™re offered, even if I donā€™t feel up to it. Itā€™s a struggle but I darenā€™t allow myself to sit at home by myself too much. This weekend has been a tough one.
Take care x

3 Likes

Yes have a wonderful family and friends around meā€¦but same as you getting by but sometimes It hits meā€¦he is not here anymoreā€¦and it is so sad that all our plans for future retirement etc have all gone. I grieve for what he will miss in my future and how much we had planned to do. I do look at his photo often and just say to himā€¦ canā€™t believe you are not here. So sorry you are going through the same

1 Like

Thank you Debbie yes you are right it has been a wrench but 37 yrs together of memories is wonderful to hold on to xx

Thank you so much x

Thank you. Yes I too take up the invitation which are only really there during the week and I do totally understand that but weekends are worse. Iā€™m sorry fir your loss too. Take care xx

1 Like

I donā€™t hve children of my own but hve plenty of nieces and nephews and one of then was my flowergirl. She passed away a few years ago after she had just completed her school exams. No recent photos of her but she was very artistic and she drew us a painting of a Van Gogh painting. Good memories to hold onto.