Sudden loss

My sister in law had been ill for a long time. She went into hosp for 4 weeks and just suddenly died in her sleep. We got on ok but I have just sort of starting to release my grief. Also I don’t see my own mum as she leaves too far away to travel all the time. When she was local we always saw each other weekly but her husband took her away from me and her granddaughters. I told her of my sis in law death and she broke down making me break down. I have always felt angry for her leaving but she needs me

1 Like

Hello Liz70,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law and how you are feeling, that is so sad to hear. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the following Sue Ryder resources helpful:

• Our Bereavement information pages
  • Our Online Bereavement Support, which includes our free online bereavement counselling which is held via video chat, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex