suddenly lost my mam

Hi everyone, i am 37 and my mam died suddenly 8 weeks ago and i can t believe i am writing this and i am here, this is the most difficult thing i have ever had to go through and everything and can not sleep with anxiety and panic attacks i have a partner and 2 children that i am trying to be strong for but this is devastating

1 Like

Hello @Ste18755,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mam that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Hi Ste18755

I’m so sorry for your loss.To lose your mum so suddenly is so tough.I can’t imagine how your feeling with it now being Christmas aswell.
I was in so much physical and emotional pain when i first lost my mum.Its such a horrible place to be in and nothing makes sense.Everyones happy because its Christmas but you are feeling all this pain.It will get easier as time goes on.I know it doesn’t feel like it will though.I think it becomes less raw and things start to get a little easier to cope with.
Im 2 and a half years into my grief.I was 33 when i lost my mum.Next February is 3 years since my mum passed.Just know your not alone and everyone is here to give you support.

1 Like

hi starheart, thankyou for your kind message of support, i am very sorry for the loss of your dear mum also, there is no words to describe the pain and grief, i want you to know your message means a lot and has brought tears, thankyou so much

So sorry I lost my mum 5 months ago unexpectedly. I’m 44 I feel your pain. This Christmas is going to be tough. I’m just thinking of all the happy memories.

Hi Annie i am sorry for your loss also please keep strong also sending all my love we are all in this together

1 Like