Suddenly lost partner

Two weeks ago I lost my partner. He had died in his sleep and was already gone when I found him. It was totally unexpected and I am struggling to cope with the feelings of loss and despair.
I wake in a panic thinking he is beside me and feelso guilty that I was not aware of his passing.
I really am struggling with everything and don’t have much of a support network. Being home alone is killing me as we spent 24/7 together for the last 10 years.
I hate that we didn’t get to say goodbye.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but here on this forum we are all ready to listen and understand, because we’re all going through the same awful journey that is grief.
Please try not to feel guilty, there was nothing you could do. Can you try and get out every day, even a walk to the local shop helps me. You have to take one step at a time, one day at a time. I know how you feel being home alone, I feel the same.
Please keep posting, there will be many people to listen

Hi,the agony you are feeling and panic are all so normal, im 5 weeks in after my husband had a heart attack so unexpected was gone just like that ,no goodbyes no last words of comfort just emptiness, and a funeral in 2 days . I live in a blur my head doesn’t function, i try desperately to live in the here and now. I can offer you no real comfort other than to say ,reach out to charities samaritans, and cruse amongst others ,when you feel the need . They are so supportive.
This site is a blessing to me and many others .we all are sharing this terrible journey none of us ever thought we’d be on. Keep in contact, someone is always here to greet you .
Please take care ,sending the best of wishes

2 Likes

Hi @Shecla and @Heartshredded .
I know how you feel and life will never be the same. I hope that the pain and feeling of loss and lonliness will settle in time but at the moment I can’t see it.
I’m 8 1/2 weeks into this grief journey now and I’d like to say it gets easier, but it doesn’t . All I can say is that what you are feeling is normal and everyone on this forum understands.