Suicide letter

Have you experienced a suicide of a loved one and did they leave a letter?
I had that happen many years go. All I remember is I couldn’t bear reading it and how it was full of the word ‘sorry’ and ‘forgive me’. The agony and guilt that I might have prevented it has never left me. I had to be sedated and it took a long long time to come to terms with the fact that the person was so depressed they saw no other way to end their pain.
The trouble is that their death left so much pain behind. I cannot imagine writing last words, reading them almost broke me.

3 Likes

Rachel so sad reading your post. Im not experienced suicide but i can understand your pain, after losing my husband i did consider suicide but i thought about the pain i would be leaving behind. Your loved one must have been in a very dark place, they tend to hide it so well so dont ever feel guilty it wasnt your fault. Sometimes people feel there’s no way out and ending the suffering is the only answer. If your struggling speak to someone i found the samartians a great help when i was low. Sending a hug and hope you can find peace. X

3 Likes

Thankyou. I have found the Samaritans were extremely helpful for me whenever I have needed.