Support groups

Hello. I lost my husband suddenly in October 2020. Mind have recommended The Jolly Dollies as a group to join for widows. Have any of you joined?

I do have a lot of friends where I live and a lovely supportive family but I think new friends and groups would help.

Hi @SusieQue,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share on support groups.

In the meantime, it may be helpful to know that we have launched in-person, informal grief support groups called Sue Ryder Grief Kind Spaces. You can find out more on our website at Find a Grief Kind Space | Sue Ryder

We are opening new locations frequently and if you have a suggestion for a new one, please do let the team know by emailing griefkindspaces@sueryder.org

Take good care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team

I saw a little bit of info about ones locally but it was very vague and the impression given was a fee had to be paid and then you could find out what exactly was available.

I definitely want to know what is being offered and maybe attend a meeting.

Thank you. Yes, there is a fee to pay. There is quite a lot of info on their website but I would also like to join a local meeting to find out more about what the do.

1 Like