Supporting my kids

Its been a few weeks. I am drowning in my own grief.

I feel i am letting the kids down, all in their early twenties. How can i help them when i am still so raw?

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss

You can’t take on all the responsibility and carry everything - you need the support of your kids as much as they need your support.
There is only so much pressure a person can take - I hope your kids are stepping up to support you
If they are, you need to lean on them and accept the support and not feel obligated to handle everything alone

Stay strong and don’t be hard on yourself - you need to grieve without feeling guilty

2 Likes

Mine are 22,19 and 11. I’ve had times over the last 10 months were I’ve felt I’ve let them down, I’ve felt like a shit mam. But I’m still upright and functioning which is a massive achievement in itself.
Talking is the best thing you can do with them. It’s helped us massively.
Xx

1 Like

This is so me, trying to be strong for daughter and granddaughter 30/4 when trying to hold it together myself, then when alone it all comes crashing down

Same here , lost my wife a week ago , trying so hard to be strong for my kids 23 & 18 but feel so empty

1 Like

So hard isn’t it , trying to be strong for yourself let alone everyone else, just hard but must keep trying, one day at a time I guess with small steps

I know , never felt pain like this before .
Our kids have been wonderful supporting me and strangely this has brought us all much closer , we are talking about our emotions so much , I just feel i should be the strong one and so hold back from saying some things that may upset them .
So glad I found this forum.

1 Like