I’m totally destroyed my daughter took her own life due to a scumbag partner destroying my girl I cant cope im alone trying to get through this the only thing keeps me going is my young lad of 10 im a single dad I can’t see past the tears my life is over I know ill never come to terms or except this to me it’s murder and I’m helpless to do anything about it I need help im losing my mind just want to Bury myself in a hole and never come out again ever…
I private messaged you hope that’s ok.
Hi @Nicky59, I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. It sounds as though things are really tough right now and you are feeling overwhelmed.
I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. Everyone here has suffered the loss of a loved one and I hope you find our community provides you with some of the help and support you need.
I would encourage you to have a look at this article as you might find insightful, even if it simply reassures you that how you are feeling is normal.
There is lots of support out there and I have added a list here of resources that I would really encourage you to reach out to whenever you need:
- Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.
- Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text SHOUT to 85258 and talk to them about anything.
- SOBS Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide offer a forum, support line and group support
- You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline .
- If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.
Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service that many people here have found really beneficial. It’s a free service and sessions are held via video chat, so you can attend from home. You’ll find more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling.
You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.
You deserve care and support so please Nicky59, get in touch with one of these services.
Online Community team
Keep talking to us here, we’re all struggling but we can support each other. I’ve felt desperate and I can’t tell you it gets super easy, no, but it does get a bit easier to deal with each day.
You are absolutely not alone.
Sending you a massive hug x