Talking to likeminded people who are dealing with grief

Hi All,

I recently lost my mum in February 2021, I am a 23 year old girl, just graduated in July and now fulltime worker. I will setting up an online video call if anyone would like to join where we can all have a chat about how journeys have been since loosing our loved ones (it could be a spouse, mother, father, daughter, cousin, son, friend etc) and share our experiences only if you feel comfortable of course. If you don’t feel comfortable to share for the first call you can put yourself on mute and camera off and just listen to other people’s journeys. We are all in this together and I want us to feel this through speaking to each other or hearing about our experiences.

If this is something you would be interested in please like/comment/ personal message me.

Take care

Dione

2 Likes

I would certainly consider it, I do have a cruse zoom every Wednesday and found it very helpful , just to share and hear other peoples experience.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for starting this thread @Dione, for sharing some of your story and reaching out in this way. I’m so sorry to read about your Mum, that is so hard particularly given that you were in your final year of university. Do you find talking about your Mum and your grief helpful?

If you are able to, it often is so helpful to share your experience and reflect on the journey you are on with others who are going through something similar. This is exactly what our Online Community is for - it is always lovely to see connections being formed and the way that you reach out to and support one another.

Please can I however take the opportunity to remind you all about internet safety and security and that our community is a public forum. As our Community Guidelines and T&Cs say, it is always really important to protect your privacy online - with that in mind, we would always advise you to refrain from sharing personal details online unless you are absolutely comfortable and feel it is safe to do so. You do have the option to move conversations like this to a private message, as Dione has suggested, but we would still advise you to be careful with what you are sharing as we cannot be responsible for interactions happening outside of the community.

Our hope and main priority is that the community continues to be a safe and supportive space for you all - I’d also like to thank you again for the ways in which you stand alongside each other. That is so important, as is knowing that you are not alone.

Please take care and be safe,
Megan

2 Likes