Tattoo with ashes

I would not normally consider having a tattoo, but I have discovered that the ashes of one’s loved one can be sterilized and then mixed with tattoo ink. I am seriously considering having a tattoo of my partner’s beautiful face done this way (on my arm).

Too much?

3 Likes

Hiya x

I looked into this too but I found there were very few artists who would do it even after the ashes had been sterilised. I found only one in Scotland but decided against it in end.

I went for a memorial tattoo without ashes and used the ashes for jewellery x

I don’t think it’s too much at all and if you decide to go for it I wish you luck x

3 Likes

Not too much at all. If that’s what you want, go for it!

1 Like

Their are many tattoo artist that do this depending where you live. My son is also researching this as he has many tattoos and really wants one with his dads ashes, I have my reservations but everyone is different and what helps someone heal is only a good thing.
Good luck finding the right person :heart:

2 Likes

i had this done using a handprint of my wife and her ashes and the sense of togetherness it gave me was incredible it felt like she was with me again and its a physical thing as daft as it sounds i find myself putting my hand on hers often and it really calms me and to know i have a piece of her in me forever is a great comfort as well . i couldnt recommend getting 1 highly enough and btw tattoos are not my thing either .

1 Like

Thank you that sounds wonderful I think I will look into something with such sentiment as that, anything that helps us couple with our daily lives is a good thing. I talk to his picture ever morning and tell him what I hope my day will be like, that sounds mad to some but it helps me.

1 Like

My husband was planning to have a tattoo done but he never got round to it. So I am having the tattoo that he planned to have. I already have a few so what’s one more. My nieces mentioned having some of his ashes in the ink but not sure about it time

1 Like

I have had my husband ash’s in my tattoo and olso had a ring done with his ashes

That is exactly what I am thinking of doing. I have also decided that my ashes should be mixed with those of my beloved and then sent into space. I must make a will and make this very clear.

Thats lovely, I’ve Raymond ashes in my ring in my tattoo and olso in a heart round my neck he is at the side of my bed and in a urn in my room at the side of his photo.

1 Like