Teresa

Hi I’m new to this site I lost my loving husband in May after a massive heart attack with virtually no warning.I managed to give him CPR for 20 minutes until the paramedics arrived and after three attempts they managed to bring him back. I thought that everything was going to be ok but sadly after 6 days we had to withdraw his life support as he never woke up and they was to much lack of oxygen to the brain I cannot come to terms with this loss and struggle every day to try and imagine my life without him.I have family that are very caring and supportive and my grandchildren have been a great comfort to me.We would have been celebrating our golden wedding in two weeks time.

Hi, I’m sorry about your loss I lost my partner in June after only being diagnosed with cancer 2wks before he died. Like you I’m struggling to come to terms and I feel as though I’ll never be able to get through this horrible feeling.We had been together for nearly 35yrs and he was my soulmate. I try to focus on the good times and the wonderful memories that we had made and in some ways I feel privileged to have had that chance. Our daughter and granddaughter has always lived with us and they are my life now they help me get through the bad days by talking about our memories. I never thought grief could be this bad but by trying to think of the wonderful time we had together helps.Please anytime you just need to talk no matter what time of day just get in touch.

Hi,I am sorry you have lost your soul mate, Two weeks is no time to come to terms that you are going your love one and no one prepares you for this, it is so tough getting threw each day and hope it will get easier for you.Glad you have your daughter and granddaughter to help you I try and focus on the good days when I can but life is so empty right now and my future ahead is hard to see.I have three sons and many grandchildren and they are a god send,it is very tough for my youngest son as he lives in New Zealand so its difficult to comfort him,one of my grandsons stays with me most weekends and I so look forward to that and I see my other son and daughter-in-law and grandchildren at the weekend take care and feel free to talk anytime Teresa xx

I’m so glad you have your family around you they do help to get you through. Even though like you life feels empty and a big part of my life is missing. I sometimes tend to feel like a burden to my daughter, even though she insists I’m not and when she insists I go out for the day with her and her partner I feel very lonely and feel as though I’m intruding on their life. I don’t see a future yet I just get up and try and get through another day people keep telling me it will get easier but it doesn’t feel like it yet.

Hi, Yes life does feel very empty and my son and daughter-in-law try to involve me in things as well and I know how you feel.I still find it very difficult to go out around people and I guess I resent others when I see them with there partner and do feel that half of me is missing when I’m in company.Like you I don’t know what my future holds and just get threw each day best I can. I to cannot see how it will ever get easier.It would have been our golden wedding on 21st of this month and we had so many plans for this,Take care Teresa x

Hi, Yes life does feel very empty and my son and daughter-in-law try to involve me in things as well and I know how you feel.I still find it very difficult to go out around people and I guess I resent others when I see them with there partner and do feel that half of me is missing when I’m in company.Like you I don’t know what my future holds and just get threw each day best I can. I to cannot see how it will ever get easier.
Take Care
Teresa x

It sounds daft but my daughter and her future husband had a bit of an argument the other day and I lost my temper with them because I said at least they still had each other and I’d give anything to even have a stupid argument with my partner again.

I get where your coming from and would give anything to have the chance to speak to my husband again.They would not fully understand why you lost your temper because half of them is not missing.I have a message on my phone which was the last message the day before he died and still cannot listen to this yet but hope one day I will be able to do that. Teresa x

I don’t know if anyone has done it before but the other night I felt so low I sent a text message to my partners phone telling him how much I miss him. I know it sounds daft but a little bit of me felt as though I was talking to him. I hope that soon you will be able to listen to your message and find some comfort in hearing his voice.

I hope I can listen to his voice soon but just cry when I think of him,it doesn’t matter if no one else has sent a text message to there partner but I am sure they have, if it bring you some comfort and makes you feel closer to him that all that matters.x

I still sometimes forget that he’s not here especially when I’ve been out and I come home expecting him to be there. He had booked a holiday to Cornwall before Xmas, it’s our favourite place and we were planning to move there,we did go in his memory and even though it really hurt being there without him we talked and shared some lovely memories.

Hi i lost my partner to a massive heart attack in May he was only 48 myself and my son gave CPR until the paramedics arrived they took him straight to hospital my older son travelled in the ambulance myself my younger son went with my neighbour when I arrived they told me they tried their best I thought he would be ok I’m still in shock

Christine

Hello I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my partner in June due to cancer we only found out he had cancer 2wks before he died. Only until recently I couldn’t come to terms of what happened and even now I can’t believe he’s not here. Everyone grieves differently but little by little I found things get better. Talking to my daughter helps we share memories and laugh and cry(alot). Speaking to a councillor helped me a little especially with other people who are going through the same. Talk anytime you want. Take care. Sue.

I know its hard when you have to come into an empty house and don’t have that moment when you would share the day.I am going to Oban next week to scatter some of Tommy’s ashes in celebration of our golden wedding which is next Friday as this is where we went on our Honeymoon all those years ago and he has suggested going back there and we had made so many plans.I know like you it will really hurt but the memory will of him will get me threw the day x

Hi Christine, I am so sorry you have lost your partner at such a young age.It is very traumatic giving CPR and you think that once the paramedics take over there is always a chance and we live in hope that all will be ok and still do not want to believe that this could happen.I still recall that morning as though it was yesterday and thought that once they got him to hospital and out of theatre he would survive but it was to late and withdrawing his life support is very hard to come to terms with Teresa x