Terminal diagnosis

Hi im jess, 34 my mum has terminal ovarian cancer. She recently has been in and out of hospital and i am struggling coming to terms with the fact she is dying. Shes my mum, the best nana to my Beautiful girls. I recently got admitted to hospital with severe panic attack. I suffer anxiety and cant process whats happening. Im scared that im going to die because i cant process whats happening. I dont know what to do :sob::sob:

2 Likes

Hello @Jessw, I am so sorry that your mum is terminally ill. That is devastating and it is completely understandable that you are struggling to process what it happening.

I am really glad you have reached out to the community - you are not alone. We have a resource for coping when a loved one is terminally ill which you might want to read. I also wanted to share Macmillan Cancer Support’s support pages with you, too. They have a support line that you can call, as well as an online chat and an online community. They are there for anyone who is living with cancer, as well as their loved ones.

It sounds like your anxiety is very hard to cope with right now. Are you getting any support from your GP? It may be worth getting in touch with them to see what extra help they can offer you right now.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and to share some options with you. Please do keep reaching out.

Take care
Seaneen

I’m sorry to hear this, I hope you’re doing as well as can be expected.