That cloud that hangs above

That cloud the heart ache the loneliness, it’s been 17 months since I lost my best friend my soul mate someone to hold my hand and to look after me , give me advice, I know I have to live with this but how do you move on ??

4 Likes

Hi @cazy1020
I am so sorry for your loss and pain that you are going through. I lost my partner two weeks ago. And everyone tells me I need to sit through the pain. I don’t know for how long but I guess we just need to breathe and survive every second. Hanging in there x

2 Likes

Don’t try to move on; just carry on :yellow_heart:, a moment at a time.

6 Likes

It’s been almost 6 months. It’s not getting any easier but harder somehow. Dreading the fresh warm days ahead. Together we would sit outside in our garden having a glass of beer or wine. Chatting, laughing being silly. How do I get through this. I’ve been to view a wedding venue today that our daughter has chosen for her wedding. Kev should have been with us.

4 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss ,i lost my husband January 2024 You are still grieving for your partner,try to get through each day,it is not easy but you will get through the pain somehow .My thoughts are with you.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you because I understand your pain
How we move on is still a mystery to me. I’m stuck in this cycle of grief that seems so endless. I guess what I do is carry my grief with me as I move forward. I know after almost a year that it’s not going anywhere any time soon.
I know it seems endless and at times impossible to handle and yet time proves to us that we can make it through another day. Will this feeling ever fade? I don’t know but what I do know is that we humans are very good at adapting and I’m counting on that to help me over time.
The loneliness is a hard one for me as well. Sometimes I’ll wake up and for a moment it feels like someone is here. I feel that confidence that comes from companionship and the comfort as well. But then it fades away and I realize once again that I’m alone.
I think as long as we keep fighting for our future that eventually we’ll get there.

5 Likes