The death of my sister and nephew

In 2008 I lost my elder sister Karen who was aged 42 when I was just short of 16 years old. Her cause of death was “Natural Causes”. For a lot of years, I struggled coming to terms with her death, because I never realised (when she was alive) just how much I would miss her after she was gone. As the years went by, I began to accept it and gradually move on from it.
In 2022, Karen’s eldest son, Steven passed away aged 39, and naturally, we had Steven buried with his mum. Steven’s death brought back all the memories of Karen’s death in 2008, and I have found myself missing them more and more, it’s quite an intense feeling, something I can’t really put into words

1 Like

Dear @GarethW93

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your sister and nephew. They are no words to describe the loss and pain of losing family members. Grief is a journey and one to be taken at your pace. For some people grief can go on for years, this is normal. Everyone’s grief journey is different.

I would like to share some resources by Sue Ryder which can help you cope with your grief.

Please continue to reach out at any time, you are not alone, we are all here for you.

Take care.

Pepsi