The loss of my baby boy

My son was 3 weeks old when he lost his life he had trisomy 13 which means he had extra chromosome 13. I been having days where I’m feeling down and days that I’m feeling ok I just miss him so much part of me feels empty. I want to hold my baby boy but I know I can’t as he’s not with me in person but he will always be with me in spirit. Part of me thinks life is so unfair why did it have to happen to me but it can’t be all completely unfair cause I have two girls aged 5 and aged 2 and they are my world. There’s not a day I don’t think about him he’s always on my mind.

I am so sorry for your loss but he will always be with you its doesnt replace him but at least your other children will help you get through the bad days thinking of you lots of love x

I am so sorry for your loss. It is very natural that you feel empty and that you think about your baby boy a lot.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site, and I wanted to introduce you to another user called Odlumdg, who also lost a baby shortly after birth. I thought you might find it helpful to read and reply here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/death-my-newborn-baby-girl-0

Have you heard of Sands? They are another good organisation that offer lots of support to people who have lost a baby, including a helpline (0808 164 3332), support groups and an online forum.