The pain is unbearable

Since losing my son I hurt so bad. I have no purpose anymore. Living is suffering

4 Likes

Hello 2Sad2Bhere

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your son. Grief can make you feel stripped of purpose, and I can hear how raw this is for you. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to reach out to The Compassionate Friends who offer support for families who have lost a child of any age. 0345 123 2304 and at www.tcf.org.uk/

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

1 Like

Hi there ,so sorry you lost your son . What age was he x

1 Like

I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like to lose your child. I do detect you are in a very dark place though. I’m having a bad one myself this evening. I am thinking of you in your pain. Please know that there are people here who will support you and try to help you. Even hearing others’ stories and experiences is of help, I find. Knowing you are not alone. Hang jn there.

3 Likes

He was 24 and my best friend. I am physically sick daily and it has been two years. I feel so alone and am tired of suffering. I’m on meds doing therapy but nothing helps I don’t know what else to do.

3 Likes

Thank you for your kindness. I am in a dark place. Ever since he died

3 Likes

My daughter was 26 and lost her battle in January this year . No one can truly understand apart from all of us on here ,we are all struggling with our loss x

4 Likes

I feel the same I lost my son 12 weeks ago. I have just joined this site to see if I can get some help.

4 Likes

Ive been on this site for a wee while and everyone is lovely and we all share our crazy thoughts and then we dont feel crazy after all . How are you feeling ? What age was your boy ? :heart:

2 Likes

My boy was 45 years old, but still my boy.

5 Likes

Thats so true ,he will always be your child ,son, no matter what age . It was never meant to be was it ,that our children leave us :broken_heart:

3 Likes

I feel your pain :disappointed:
age doesn’t really come into it your child is your child they always be :heart:

No one can say when or if we will feel better but what i can tell you is your not alone :white_heart:

I have only joined this group and im so glad…everyone is so good to share their storys and very supportive.

I lost my daughter 3 year’s ago …libby was 18 and like you some days i just feel like i can’t cope anymore the pain is unbelievable :broken_heart:

But know when you have these days let them come dont hide away from them thats sometimes even harder to get out of them .

Seek help as you are doing with sharing in this group…we can talk without judgement.

Sending lots of love and support to you keep doing what your doing :heartpulse:

1 Like