The pain remains

My lovely husband died 1st feb 2019 aged 60 we were so very happy and has the first anniversary of his death approaches I find my self sitting here in the middle of the night looking for some way to take away the pain.
I can relate to how others are feeling the painful loss of nolonger being with someone you love thst youhad so many plans and future to look forward to.
We were planning our retirement moving to spain , to live the dream , but if you ask me what I miss the most it not the plans and dreams it being with him talking to him sitting watching tv talking about the children , laughing at stories we had told one another so.many times , our life our family our memories
When covid and lockdown came my daughter moved in with her children so I would not be alone. A distraction for a while .
I ran away to Spain in august 2019 to our happy place.to sort out my affairs but really to get away from the sadness and pain but they travelled with me .
I have good days and dark days but the pain remains, making new girlie friend so many widows before lockdown joining in activities to world I am coping , but my heart is broken and the pain remains

1 Like

Thank I had an awful night last night i noticed my dates were wrong in my post my husband was taken seriously I’ll in dec 2019 and died feb 2020 just before the virus took hold in uk , I have been here in Spain since Aug 2020. I am now facing another day and the looming first anniversary , stay strong I am not brave i dont have any other choice but to try and continue , it is so very lonely , even on days when I speak to lots of people. I have a lonely family who are worried I have taken myself off grid to my Spanish home but I am safe .

1 Like

Hello
I’m very sorry you’re both in this awful situation
I’ve just read your posts and I do relate to everything you both said
My husband died in April 2020 and it is such a sad lonely life now Soon it will be coming up to a year and I dread this anniversary Like yourselves it’s the everyday companionship that I miss just being with him or talking about nothing much in particular My dearest wish is to be able to see him again ,talk to him ,hold his hand and give him a hug or to be able to turn the clock back and relive our life together one more time This yearning is sometimes so strong it’s like a physical pain in my stomach
It’s so difficult waking each day and thinking here’s another day to get through without him It’s hard to keep trying to move forward on this lonely road without our loved one by our side but plod on we must as there’s nothing else for it I know he would want me to be happy but it’s easier said than done especially during this lockdown As you say it’s so tiresome
Thinking of you both
Take care
Christine x