The Passing of my Dad

Hi all, I’m struggling to come to terms with the passing of my Dad last week after a long illness. I’m in my early 30s, happily married with a beautiful daughter, but feeling a lot of pain at the moment. Has anyone else lost a parent at a young age, and if so, how did you cope? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I too lost my mum when I was 30, and I am now 60. I still remember how devastated I was when it happened. I can’t believe it was that long ago. I still talk to my mum now and again, especially now as I lost my partner of 30 years suddenly last November. I remember the sadness and anger I felt that my mum left me. I wrote in a journal all the things I was feeling. Some of it didn’t even make sense but it doesn’t matter. It just helped me get my feelings out. I didn’t show anyone what I wrote, not even Simon, as it was just for me. Take strength and comfort from your family. Especially your husband and daughter. Just take one day at a time. I’m not sure if any of this is helpful to you, but I hope so.
Take care.
Janet x