Their Dash

At my hubbies funeral I had the poem The Dash by Linda Ellis .Read it, it is lovely. For me it translates to a simple fact: it doesn’t matter when we were born and it doesn’t matter when we die but boy oh boy how we live our lives in between how we live our Dash is what counts. That is something I find comfort in is how my hubby lived his Dash. X

1 Like

I have just looked it up. My goodness, it still amazes me that a poet can encompass emotions so well in a few paragraphs where some take a whole book. Thank you so much for finding that. I think I may have had my ‘dash’ and now want a less active approach!! But it is so true that it’s how we live our lives is the measure we shall be judged by. Kindness, compassion and understanding. So important! If they say about me, ‘well, he did his best’ that will be about enough. Blessings. XX

1 Like

Hi Jonathan
I agree too many people waffles, this poem for me says so much in what it doesn’t say. I loved this poem for a long time it was the perfect choice for my hubby, no flowery no spooky pure simple fact. Glad you liked it. My dash is having a few wobbles but getting back on track x

1 Like