There she isn't

Hi all,
It’s probably stress, but I keep seeing people that look like mom, older women with white hair, usually wearing a dark blue coat like she used to. It feels weird, like my brain is still refusing to believe she’s definitely gone, as if it was all just a bad dream, & she could walk in the door at any minute. Maybe psychologically I’m still looking for a source of comfort, feeling I need mom, this is the only logical answer I can put to it. It seems whenever I’m out & about, my mind distracted on other things, I keep suddenly noticing someone of mom’s height & build, white hair, dark blue coat, when I look quickly, they look like her, I look again, & realise it’s not her, :woman_facepalming:t2::pensive:. I know in my heart of hearts that it can’t be her, I saw her body after she passed, so of course it’s not her :woman_facepalming:t2:. Has anyone else had moments like this?

1 Like

Really soon after my dad died i kept seeing ppl that wud walk like him or be as tall as him an look like him i think cos i couldnt get my head round the fact that he had gone but it hasnt happened really now since he first went an its been 6 months now.

1 Like

It’s your brain trying to process everything as you are still looking for her. This happened to me a lot but gradually as I began to accept my husband had gone it stopped. When you have seen someone every day for years, it’s normal to still see and look for them

1 Like