Things are getting worse

I lost my dad on August 8th this year. He went in the hospital, and two days later he was gone. I had visited him the day before, never thinking it would be the last time I would see him alive. My mom called me at 3 in the morning. We had to get to the hospital immediately. When we arrived, they were giving him CPR for 45 mins. I can’t get that image out of my head. They continued for another 10 mins. It was horrible to see them doing that. They did get a pulse back, but he died a few hours later. I feel like I’m drowning in all of these emotions. It seems like it’s getting worse as time goes by. I’m miserable and broken inside. He was only 73, and his birthday is coming up next week. I’ve tried to be strong for my mom. They were married 54 years. I was a daddy’s girl even at 48 years old and I don’t know how I’m going to get through this. I’ve never experienced pain like this. Then four weeks later I lost my mother in law of 29 years. I feel so guilty because I can’t even focus on her death because I’m drowning in my dad’s death.

2 Likes

Hello Catjack, how horrible that you have lost two special people and I am sure you will be grieving for both of them. It’s early days and your life will feel that it’s been turned upside down. Please just take baby steps and try not to relive those horrible minutes that want to push into your brain. Try enjoying the good memories and happy times .keep safe S xx

1 Like

forget time in this case.
people say: it has been a month, one year, two years.
do not count time. grieve fully and completely.

give yourself all of the time that you need.

2 Likes