This might make you think on ?

Hi again Nicola.
Maybe us old guys give up sooner because we are fully aware that our lives through mere old age are going to be much shorter than you younger ones. And our shorter, final journey ’ home ’ for us isn’t going to be filled with new experiences, we are just too old for change. So we want it over with as soon as possible. I know this may appear morbid but sadly it seems to be a phenomenon I’ve come across a lot in the past. Stay safe alongside Dad.
Love and Light
Geoff.

1 Like

I don’t entirely agree Geoff. I’m older than you and one of the ‘old guys’, but give up and wait for the end, no way!. My wife would have not wanted that and I can hear her telling me off if I had suggested it.
Who knows what will happen, even to the ‘young ones’. There have been so many posts on here about people losing a child. The gift of a full life has been denied them. The few years we have would have been such a gift to them.
But life is a gift and I feel, even though the circumstances are awful, we should not refuse life.
Death is part of life. So many of us live through sickness and hardships. We survive, and given the right attitude we can survive this, difficult as it may be. Some people are called ‘born survivors’. They seem to sail through tragedy and pain without too much bother. Others give up and go to ground.
It’s us, our human condition that makes us all so different.
I hasten to add that this is my own view and I would never suggest everyone goes along with it.
Best wishes. Take care.

4 Likes

Hi Jonathan
What a brilliant post my friend. Full of inspiration.I’ve had a particularly bad day today. Endless grief attacks as I call them. Sobbing deeply on and off all day. Hopefully tomorrow it will ease up. And I thought I was doing so well.
Love and Light
Geoff.

Hello Geoff
So sorry your having a bad time of it. These moments of despair are cruel and test us to the very limit. Non of us get away with this terrible sadness. I had a bad day last week and decided I was going to sit at home the next day and wait to die if that was meant to be. However next morning the grief monster had passed me by and I was fine again.
I agree with Jonathan, life is precious and worth living every minute. I look for something everyday that brings me comfort and yes, dare I say it, makes me feel happy and I do find something. I give thanks for those moments and for all the things I can do.
I am on the same length of this sad journey as Jonathan so longer into this grief than you. I am finding that I am learning to live with this pain and accept it, and that light will shine in time. The tears still come everyday but I think of them as tears for Brian. I am remembering him every second of every day. He would like that.
This week a young family man committed suicide in the cemetery where Brian is. I was stopped by police from going in to put fresh flowers for Brian. When I did, I felt such sadness for the loss of life of that young man.
You are doing well so don’t worry about those grief attacks.

Pat xx

Hi Johnathan, from Mother who lost her son December 2017 your words are so true,even a few years would have seemed like a lifetime for them…Thank You for being so understanding …Marina xx

1 Like

Hi Geoff Im so sorry for your loss you did a wonderful job careing for your wife now its turning round and trying to live isnt easy has i no .My husband passed in may after a 9 year fight with non hodgkins lynphoma folicular then b cell aggressive along the way he had a stroke and right side off bowel removed .You keep tough and positive and a smile on your face during it all and i told him they dont know e ery thing your going to be ok he amazed the doctors for years always bouncing back so shock off loseing him is unbearable .You be kind to yourself its not easy is it