Thought I was doing better-then today-AWFUL !!!

It seems that every time I think I have my head above water I go backwards and sink. I was feeling that I was finally coping a bit better without my husband. I actually started to have some hope that maybe the pain would relieve itself. Then today-out of the blue, the crying started and the pain was back on full force. What triggered it- I do not know. Just know it is now 16 months since his passing. and today feels like it just happened.

1 Like

To joyless.I can really identify with you…I lost my beautiful daughter in October last.and I feel sometimes I am making headway.then it all overwhelms me the enormity of losing her then the tears begin again and again feel pretty bad today.hope you can gain a little comfort to know we are not alone on here in our torment.mybest to you.Annette.xxx.

1 Like

Hi Annette- So sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. My heart goes out to you. The word “torment” is exactly how I feel. Sometimes I wonder how I can go on. Thanks for your response and write anytime you feel like talking. Sincerely, Joyless

1 Like

hi
i lost my husband two years ago.I am like you some days i feel like i am coping but other days i sit and cry all day.I think every one who has lost someone feels the same way.I think it is normal to feel like this and you should not feel guilty.Some nights i can not switch of and go to sleep as i feel so alone .I miss him every moment of my life and i think i always will.One day i will get used to him not being here but i never forget him as long as i live.
brendaj