Thought provoking passages from a book

Hi Everyone and hope you are hanging in there as I am (just about!). I went into the library yesterday for something to do and to have a browse amongst the books (hadn’t been in the library for years) and found myself looking at a Bereavement Book by Sue Mayfied - ‘First Steps Through Bereavement’. I brought the book home and have felt it very helpful and wanted to share a couple of passages with you all as I found them thought provoking and can identify with them.

Passage 1
“Grief is like a long valley, a winding valley where any bend may reveal a totally new landscape … Sometimes … you are presented with exactly the same sort of country you thought you had left behind miles ago. That is when you wonder whether the valley isn’t a circular trench.”

Passage2
“It’s very likely that the more you have loved someone, the more their death will hurt; the greater you sense of connectedness with them in life, the more abject your sense of separation now. The pain now is part of the happiness then. That’s the deal”.

Written by C S Lewis in his book ‘A Grief Observed’.

Take care
Best wishes from Karen

2 Likes