Time not healing

Hi everyone it would have been my husband Pat’s birthday today the very 1st one without him it’s been hard today and a few tears but my daughter and I are having one of his favourite meals for tea Steak with pepper sauce plus Strawberry cheesecake and his favourite drink in his own personalised glass hard to believe we were celebrating it together this time last year. It’s true the loneliness does get too you and for me nearly 1 year on in 2 weeks it’s still very hard I’m told it will get better but it’s not something you can rush after you loose your loved one take care and big hugs

2 Likes

Sending love & big hugs x

2 Likes

Thank you Angel1309 x

It’s been nearly 16 months for me and I have got 2 dogs to look after but all I can do is put my earbuds in and go outside and shut the world out :sleepy:

2 Likes

Dogs are a great help.
I’m having counselling, cruse bereavement sessions, time with friends and doctor friend but really I have to fight this terrible grief and devastation on my own and fight everyday to go on living.
I lost my husband of 61 years 16 months ago and thought life couldn’t get any worse but then I’ve just lost my beautiful son of 56 to a brain tumour… He was so supportive and the love of my life-I followed him around the world on his sporting activities.
At 82 I really can’t see the way forward.

5 Likes

Hi MagB I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband and now your son grief is a terrible thing we are all going through at the moment but it’s something we have to fight to get through each day and hopefully come out the otherside. It was my husband’s 1st birthday without him yesterday and I hope although he’s not with us we did him proud although it was sad as well my next hurdle is on May 1st he will have been gone 1 year we have stuffed planned but it doesn’t hide the heart ache and loneliness of his passing we were together 51 years I’m 77 I wish you well sending you hugs take care of yourself

3 Likes

I’m so very sorry for your losses within such short space of time. Life’s cruel but we have no choice but to try and live on with the hope that one day we will be able to cope living with the sadness and beautiful memories at the same time :crossed_fingers:.
It’s going to be one year on 2nd May since I lost my husband so unexpectedly.
The heartbreak, sadness, pain and loneliness remain the same since day one. Some days it feels like OMG I have been through and done so much in these past months some days it feels so raw as if it only happened yesterday :broken_heart:
Please hang in there and share here with us as we all are going through the same painful journey and we understand what you are going through.
Sending hugs & strength x

3 Likes

Flower garden,

I am 76, my third loss. I used to my partner for long weekends. In the week I attended Yoga and volunteering. It was a perfect situation for me. Now there is no structure any more and I miss him terribly. Hate living totally by myself. I will never get used to living alone. Eating alone, no one to discuss things. I have always been outgoing , happy and gregarious. My enthusiasm almost nil. Sending hugs out to everyone

1 Like