To my Husband

Larry
Losing you was one of the hardest things. I had to go through but I take comfort in knowing you’re in heaven now at peace.
I thank God for everyday meeting you. Becoming your
friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond
my control. I give my heart to you.
Now I wish I could turn back the clock and find you sooner and love you longer. You were my rock, my strength my best friend my everything I miss you. Losing you has changed me. Not for a few days or months or a year. has changed me for life.
Is not that I want everyone to know how much I miss you
I want everyone to know how much I still LOVE YOU even if you are in HEAVEN.
I remember when you whisper in my ear the lyrics. Will you still love me for the rest of my life? And If you leave me now(songs by Chicago) last year you whisper Tears in heaven. (song by Eric Clapton.)also, we dance last year for your Birthday (Nuestro Juramento (Julio Jaramillo) the last one you play for me. I cry
because you always tried to tell me important things with music because you always cried.
I miss you, I have cried too much. I see you everywhere. you were my confidant, my friend my cane to walk, my partner Now I don’t have you.
Missing you on your Birthday today is full of memories with happiness and tears of Birthdays celebrations we share truly over the years.
I feel that you are always with me in everything I do.
Miss you.

14 Likes

Those are beautiful words and very meaningful. I am happy you have so much love. Sending hugs

2 Likes

@Mathiessen My condolences to you and thanks for sharing those words with us.

2 Likes

Beautiful words. It’s hard to loose the other part of your heart. I lost my husband on Friday. He was my world. I feel broken, and am so glad I got to spend 23 years with him. Sending lots of love. :heart: X

2 Likes

@Nily - So sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some comfort from your memories of him.

2 Likes

What a wonderful tribute to your Larry @Mathiessen may you hold onto all those wonderful memories of happy times until you are together once again. xx

2 Likes

How true @Nily it does feel like losing the other part of your heart. I am so sorry for your recent loss of your husband. I am glad you have a family and friends around you. I learnt to take baby steps and its now 12 weeks for me since losing my husband, you do feel broken, but I feel I some days I am slowly mending, we just need patience, time and support. I know you will find that here. Much love xx

2 Likes

Beautiful letter and exactly how I feel since losing my husband coming up two years,and as much as it still hurts if a little softer, I smile to myself how lucky was I to of had him by my side for 33 years, not everyone gets that ! Day at a time :blush:

1 Like

Thank you. I am just taking it one day at a time. It will be 1 week tomorrow. X

3 Likes