Today - a bad day again

…me neither…:cry::broken_heart:

3 Likes

Same here i do things and all iam doing is get though the day nearly a year now but feels like yesterday x

4 Likes

Yep … i said that to someone.tonight ! Feels like only a while ago but in reality its 6 months and i still feel fraught not having him here :frowning: i hate this road we all have to go.on ! Its so damn stressful and lonely and hard ! Xx

7 Likes

Hay Deb, 6 months is nothing for a real bereavement, its just yesterday (my mother died in my arms on the 5th of January so it will be 6 months on the 5th of July and I have still not processed the moment of her death) I have heard of 6 years before really coming to terms with something like that and I hope not, still getting used to it and reinventing my life, I live alone and take one day at a time and that for the moment is all I can do, I have a sister in law near by and a niece in southport and appart for that i am alone in the world, my twin brother having died in september 2021 from a brain tumor, sometimes I am happy not having to constantly worry about my demented mother and other times I miss her along with the rest of my departed family, but sometimes mother comes through to me and has done since I went to a clairvoyant(she told me to take my hat off when I went last wednesday to church for morning coffee) her personality has not changed one bit, see a clairvoyant, it might even be fun, good luck

3 Likes

Yeh somebody else said that to me tonight too ! Yeh it was a real bereavment ! It was my darling husband who i loved so much ! I have started bereavment counselling so hope that helps. Thanks for your concern though … it probably isnt long really … im still very weak from it all … still miss him and still cry … not as much but even this morning had to remind myself he wasnt here ! When you been married 35 years you get used to seeing them in morning ! And he had such a handsome face :pensive:

5 Likes

Be brave Deb, there is no panacea I can offer you because there isn’t one, but may i suggest a book?, its ‘you are not alone’ by Cariad lloyd, i found it helpful in the very early days (when I just wanted to die) that is what real grief feels like, it IS A CLINICLE ILLNESS and I am glad you have got counselling, I think you need it, I recall how my mother missed her husband when he passed in 2008,I hope the counseling goes well,may God give you strength and fortitude in the days ahead.
Tim

3 Likes