Today I found out my Mum is dying

Today I found out my Mum is end of life. I am so frightened. I love her so so much and I am terrified I am not going to be strong enough for the coming days.

Hi Jodie, it is an awful thing to find out someone you love is about to die. Being scared is a natural response because you love her so much. Have they told you how much time she has? Do you have any family or friends who are there for you? Recently a woman whose dad died was posting about his final days regularly on here, it helped her, please know that we are here for you in this very difficult time.

Hi. jodieanna. Welcome. You will find the strength. We all do. Courage is not given to one only, but everyone has it and it is surprising how so many cope who think they can’t. You are in shock. Seeing someone you love gradually deteriorating is about the worse pain possible. But you are here now and any support we can give you comes from the heart because we all know and care. Have you any support at home? Sharing your pain with someone you trust is always good. You can share on here in the coming days knowing we all understand. Give love and understanding to your mum. She too needs support. Blessings. John.