Today

I don’t even know how to start this as it seems so silly…I have spent the day watching The Queens Funeral and what an amazing send off that she totally deserved. But now all I am doing is tearing up and thinking about my Dads funeral a few months ago.

I really thought I had this handled but then it creeps up on you when you least expect it.

Anyone else felt the same today?!

3 Likes

My guess is millions of people felt very emotional for the Queen but also for personal losses. I think that’s just natural and sometimes crying is a good thing. Better to let it out than hold it in. It has been overwhelming media coverage and it’s bound to affect peoples mood especially if they are already grieving. Like most of us on here. Just my thoughts xxxxx

2 Likes

I think since the queen died it has stirred up a lot of peoples own grief. It’s a year on Wednesday since my husband died and it has been a strange emotional time especially today watching the funeral. Everyone involved in that certainly did her her majesty proud.
Xx

3 Likes

Yes it was a tough call I watched it untill they left the Abbey then switched it off and went for some fresh air. It brought feelings to the fore and like you Barbara tdy is a significant day .I’m over in Yorkshire so will go to the crematorium with some flowers. Take care tdy and find some solace in what ypu have planned x

1 Like

Hi shirley
My daughter has taken the day off work to spend the day together. We weren’t sure what to do but I have recently started going to a walking group on a Wednesday morning so to keep a bit normality to the day we are going to that. Then go out for some lunch then to the crematorium. Not looking forward to tonight as mark died at 10.15 pm and I know I will just have visions of him lying on his bed in our living room. Last night it felt like I could actually hear the noise of the bed and the oxygen machine when I was sitting thinking about him. Just want to get through the day.
Hope your day goes as well as it can xx

1 Like

Thinking of you too xx It’s my late husband 's birthday today and Chris’s next Wednesday . I’m over in Yorkshire so it will be the 1st time for a long while since I went to the Crem . Dave’s ashes were scattered off the coast where I now live but we lived in Yorkshire for a number of years before I moved back to Anglesey with Chris in 2014. X

2 Likes

Hi Shirley,

Just been reading your post. I hope your day goes well and take care of yourself. Sending love your way.X

1 Like

Hope yesteray brought you some peace and solace and good memories overshadowed the sad ones xx

Managed to get through it ok but to be honest I’m pleased it’s over. The build up to these days are awful the date etched in your head and it getting nearer and nearer certainly sets the anxiety off. But we got through with no major meltdowns.
Hope your day went ok ?

1 Like

I too got through the day met up with an old friend and shared some memories. It’s been surreal being back somewhere that was such a big part of your life and a lot of triggers brought emotions to the surface relating to Dave’s death 17 years ago along with early days of Chris’s diagnosis and surgery etc. Going back to Cumbria tomorrow then back to.Anglesey on Monday so have time to process those feelings before going over to my son’s in Paris on the 29th. Xx

2 Likes

Thanks Loobyloo . The day went ok took flowers to the crem and had a quiet few minutes with my thoughts. Plan to take flowers to the Breakwater on Chris’s birthday and take a few minutes to remember my parents, sister ,Dave and now Chris’s ashes are all.scattered off that coastland xxx

1 Like

Tomorrow is Chris’s birthday and I’m back home with my anxiety as bad as it was in the early months after his death. I have tried everything I can to try and manage it it’s just not working so will have to sit with it and let it pass.