Too much loss

I am so broken right now and can’t see anyway of feeling better.
I lost my husband a few days ago on the 9th April and I am totally devastated. I feel so low and can’t stop crying.
I lost my 33 year old brother on the 6th April 2019 and my mum on the 14th April 2021 … I’ve also lost my dog in 2019 and my nan January 2021.
It just feels like I am losing everything and I can’t cope. I have a 4 year old son who I have to try and be strong for but it’s so hard! I’m just so broken hearted and lonely. I need my husband back he was my rock and I don’t know how I can cope without him :sob:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for all your losses :broken_heart: It’s horrendous isn’t it :disappointed: I can’t give you any positive response because I also feel exactly as you do. I lost my grandparents when I was a child, I lost my mam when I was 21, my dads not around. The worst loss I’ll ever experience was losing my partner out of the blue four weeks ago. He just collapsed and died. This has completely killed me and like you I don’t see how I’m going to cope without him. These last few days have been the worst so far, it seems to be getting worse the longer it is since he’s gone. I’m missing him so much, the only thing in the world I want is a hug off him and I can never have that again :sob: I’m only 38 and to think that I have to live the rest of my life without him kills me, I wish it had been me who died tbh.

I can’t offer you any hope but you’re not alone. I hope you find a way through this x

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone truely understands how much it hurts when you lose your person unless they have ost theirs too. I’m 41 and now have years left to be alone and never feel love like I did from my hubby again.
Some of the things people say you just don’t want to hear and they just don’t get it.
That’s why I came here because I knew people would get why I feel the way I do.
I am so sorry you are going through this too :sob:

3 Likes

I lnow what you mean about some of the things people say. A few people have said to me “oh you’re young” as if that makes it any easier. I honestly think it makes it harder because not only am I grieving for the only man I’ve ever loved I’m grieving for the future we would have had too. Now I know I could have another 20/30 years of life that I don’t even want right now.
Another one is when you’ve had the funeral you can “move on”, move on to what? The rest of my life without him, missing him and wishing it was me instead?
Another one is you’ll get used to a “new normal” This isn’t normal, this is cruel and senseless and I’m scared what the future holds.
You’re right, nobody understands unless they have been through it themselves :broken_heart:
I have to say I didn’t realise how hard it was for people to lose their partners/husbands/wives before this :disappointed:

4 Likes

Hi Mandy , i am so sorry for your pain. I am so sorry you are trapped in this unbearably painful situation and have suffered so many losses. Its those people we turn to in tough times and to lose those closest is just horrendous. Do you have anyone close to you to offer some support. I know its so difficult getting through the day. I am struggling every day. My fiance took his life on jan 30th and i lost my mum and my sister to cancer. I don’t feel i even fit into this world anymore and can’t find enjoyment in anything without my Darren. My only tiny bit of comfort comes from knowing i wont be on this earth forever and will join him when its the right time. If you need to talk anytime feel free to private message me. Sending lots of hugs xxx

4 Likes