How do I get my msg to appear pls! Only joined last night and wrote a long msg today but can’t see it anywhere.
Hi Tootsy in community categories look for start a new conversation button or if you feel like it join in with other peoples posts where at the bottom of each conversation there is a box to type your message then press reply below that when you have typed your message MM69
Welcome to this community, Tootsy.
MM69 has very kindly explained how to post and join conversations here, so I won’t duplicate what he’s said. I’ve have a look at your account and I can only see this one post, so it looks like the other long message you mention writing hasn’t published properly unfortunately - I’m sorry about this.
Do you feel ready to tell us some more about what brings you here? This is a safe and supportive space to share how you’re feeling and we’re all here to listen when you’re ready.
If you have any questions about the site or if there’s anything we can do to support you further, you can get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve just had a look at your account and you did send one message before this one, but it was a private message to one user, so perhaps that is why you can’t find it again? To view your private message inbox, click the envelope symbol next to your username and profile picture (top right of the page). To send a private message to another user, click the envelope symbol next to their username on any post.
You may wish to try a starting a new conversation rather than a private message, as conversations can be seen by everybody and so you’ll have a better chance of having more replies. This is a conversation that you have started here, and that I am replying to, but you may wish to start another one to tell everybody about your situation and what you’d like to talk about.
I’ll put some instructions on how to do this as a reminder:
- Go to our homepage (make sure you are logged in)
- Click on the pink button that says ‘start a new conversation’ (this is above the list of the most recent conversations)
- You will be taken to a form. In the ‘title’ box, type a short title that sums up what you’d like to talk about.
- In the box that says ‘type your comment here’, write the body of your post. You can write as much as you like here - for example, introduce yourself and your situation, vent your feelings, ask questions if you have anything you’d like to ask other users, and so on.
- Select a category from the drop-down menu (eg, ‘Coping with Bereavement’).
- Click the pink button that says ‘Create thread’. Your post will be published.
I hope this helps. If you have any more questions about using the site, you can get in touch with me at email@example.com.
Thku. I will try to fathom it all out again. This wet weather doesn’t help with how we are feeling does it? The sun shining and warmth is what cheers me up.