Totally Lost - my son passed away

My son of 25 years passed away in his sleep on the 17th December 2016 and I am more than lost without him. He was one of four of my beautiful children whom I love more than anything in this world. We still don’t have the answers as to why he died which is crucifying me and the rest of my family. My GP has prescribed me with lots of different pills which I don’t take because I have four beautiful grandchildren to love and care for. I really wanted to speak to my Mum but unfortunately she passed away from ovarian cancer 2 years ago…she went through this with the loss of her daughter, my sister at a very young age. How will I ever feel normal again? My body feels as though its in so much pain and i’m hurting like i’ve never hurt before.

Hi Debz69,

Welcome to the Sue Ryder Online Community. I’m so sorry to read about the your son passing away. That is terrible, and it sounds as though not knowing why is making it even harder. I’m glad that you’ve found this site, and I hope it helps a little to be able to share your feelings here.

We have other bereaved parents on the site that you can talk to. For example, you might want to read and reply to this conversation where you can find Marina, paulsm and ElaineM, who have all lost their young adult sons: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/losing-my-20-year-old-son-month-ago-0

You may also wish to contact The Compassionate Friends, who offer support for parents who have lost a child of any age, including local support groups and a helpline (0345 123 2304).

If there is anything else I can help with, or you have any questions about using this site, just let me know.

Priscilla
Online Community Manager

Thank you so much Priscilla i will most definitely be using this site and the local support groups xxx