Totally Lost

I lost my Daughter last year suddenly and unexpectedly. Danni had not long turned 24 when she was taken ill on the wednesday with what appeared to be Gastro symptons then 24hrs later she had died from multi organ failure due to blood clots. I am at a total loss. I am a doer and just get on with things but I don’t want to do anything. there seems no point anymore. I work because I have to or the bills don;t get paid. I miss her so much and I can’t seem to see a way forward without her. I miss her smile, her stroppyness and so much more. My husband (not her dad) doesnt really know how I am feeling. I dont know know how I am feeling most of the time. People look at me differently… some dont know what to say, so they say nothing, some cross the road and some only talk to me as they want something to talk about. I have my amazing close friends who without them I dont think I would still be here. It just seems to be getting harder and feel so alone as alot of people just don’t understand how hard this is

2 Likes

Hello TraceyT,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter, which brings you here.

You say you don’t know how you’re feeling. I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

Hi Tracey T
I feel your pain.
I lost my son 10 months ago now.
He was 31 years old and passed away unexpectedly and suddenly.
I don’t think I’ll ever get over his passing but I try very hard to hope that he is at peace and doesn’t have to struggle his demons anymore.
Love Jayne c

I’m so sorry for your loss xx
My 28 year old son died almost 2 years ago from a drug overdose.
I took 6 months off work, returned in April this year, because of the stress at work and losing my son, I almost had a breakdown.
I’ve been off again nearly 6 months, but I feel that I’m finally grieving my son. Personally for me the that first whole year was just a blur.
If there’s any advice I can give it’s just to take time, hour by hour, day by day. We’re all different I know and I’m sure you’ll find your own way coping with this new way of life we all now share.
Take care xx

Hi Gill1960,
Thank you for your kind words.
Just like you I’m trying to get through minute by minute at the moment.
I am finding it very difficult to accept that I’ll never see,hear or touch my son again, I miss him beyond words.
I try to draw strength from the fact that he’s at peace now and doesn’t have to struggle and navigate his way through life anymore.
It’s nice to hear from someone who’s a little further along on this dreadful journey and how you’re coping too.
Take care and please keep in touch.
Love Jayne x