Tough day for Pickle and I

Lost my mum back in January , lost my dog in November.lost my dad December 2019 been thinking about them all .
Struggling with not having a text or phone call , or seeing them obviously not from my dog Holly .
Just feel empty, Lots of it buts and maybes.
I have inherited my parents dog pickle so that’s good for having a doggie hug . But also strange for her losing both her owners . I took her back to start clearing the house , not the first time we have been back . But she acted very strange and wouldn’t come in the house and just laid in the garden . Very sad :disappointed:

3 Likes

Hi @Bec49, I’m Seaneen, the Online Community Manager. I’m sure someone else will be along soon, but just wanted to say that I’m sorry you’re having such a tough day. It sounds like you’ve been through a really difficult time with so many losses.

I can see you’re fairly new to the community - I’m not sure if you’ve seen our bereavement resources, but they’re here if they might be helpful: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information.

I’m glad you’re reaching out - please keep doing so, we’re all here to support you.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

Hello, yes you have had a reply from our new community manager. I am very sorry that you have had such a bad time losing both your parents, parents are the strong people in our lives and we feel there loss. If you think counselling would be useful to you then both Sue Ryder and Cruse offer free sessions and can make a big difference to your life.
I can understand how Pickle felt, she would be still looking for your parents and it will take sometime before she realise they are not Coming back. Blue Cross have information regarding pets that are grieving. I do hope you begin to feel a little better and please remember we are always here for. Take care of both yourself and Pickle. S xxx