Tough day tomorrow

Well tomorrow would have been our 34th wedding anniversary my first one without Rob.
My plan is to attempt to keep myself as busy as I can because that’s how I try to get myself through my days ,although it’s a daily battle.
We always went out for a meal on our anniversaries but tomorrow it will be simple sandwich for me as most meals are these days .

1 Like

Oh Kazzer, I’m so sorry. I know that no words can help but you will be in my thoughts. Sending hugs

Jules thank you :heart::sparkling_heart::heart:

Dear @Kazzer,
It is so, so difficult and heartbreaking, having to endure on your own a day which would normally have been such a happy event. Our silver wedding anniversary passed in April, I had bought a card (still on display) and spent the day sitting alone at home, thinking about what should have been. Tomorrow is my wife’s 55th birthday, got a card for that too, and will visit her grave tomorrow to pay my respects, and I know she will be with me when I do that.
Like you and your husband, we too used to go out for a meal on anniversaries and it breaks my heart to think that those of us who have been left behind will never be able to do that again.
You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Take care.
Alston

2 Likes

Hi Alston it is so hard I only said this to a friend this morning , I have never felt pain like it and everyday is a battle , I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Life can be so cruel . My thoughts will be with you also on your wife’s birthday and only 55 it’s no age is it , my Rob was only 56 when he was taken from me in September 2020
Take care and let’s both of us make the best what we can of tomorrow . Take care Karen xx

2 Likes

Hi Kazzer - hope you manage to get through tomorrow. All these ‘firsts’ are so difficult. I had wedding anniversary in May - first without my husband and had been dreading it. Funnily enough, for me, the day itself wasn’t as bad as I anticipated- but the day after was dreadful . I agree the pain of grief is terrible. Today has been lovely here - but I can only think about what we would have been doing together this time last year and the grief is coming over me in waves. I have had a better week on the whole and thought the pain was lessening slightly - but no - just crashes down again.
Kindest wishes to you for tomorrow.
Look after yourself and have a little treat if you can

2 Likes

Hi @Kazzer / Karen,
I know the day is not yet over but I just wanted to say I hope you’ve made it through this far on your wedding anniversary. Your Rob was far too young to be taken too, life is just downright unfair.
Hope you’re still taking good care.
Alston xx

Alston it hasn’t been quite as bad as I though I had my morning cry , and spent the day at home alone , had my dinner then I listened to my northern soul radio and even had a dance in my living room . Thank you so much for asking I hope it hasn’t been a tough one for you being your wife’s birthday . In fact I brace everyday now as it’s one more less to live without Rob and one more closer to being with him again .
Take care Karen x

1 Like