Tragic death of nephew

I lost my nephew 6 weeks ago, in a tragic accident. He was 21. We are a very close family and we are struggling to process this and what it means for us all. My grief is so strong and also for my sister. There is nothing anyone can say or do . My parents are struggling very badly also. No one should have to bury a child, or grandson.
The affect on the whole family is incomprehensible. There is literally no one I have found who can remotely relate to this kind of grief. It crippling. The future looks sad. I am trying to remain strong for my own children and my sister . Whicj is beyond hard. It’s just so isolating. You wonder if you will ever be happy again.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your nephew @Heartbroken-auntie - that is devastating. You’ve said that you’re trying to remain strong. Your grief is important, too, and I really hope you find the community to be a support to you. Sadly, many of our members will understand some of what you’re going through.

These organisations offer support to anyone who has experienced the death of a child, no matter what age.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

So sorry to hear about the tragic death of your nephew In an accident You have my sincere condolences My nephew also died about 5 years ago in an awful accident Like you my whole extended family was totally devastated and also all his friends All I could do was to try and put my own grief aside and support my sister and brother in law My nephew also had children and the effects of his tragic death have had long term consequences for them
It is not easy I know for a family to cope with the loss of a young person especially in an accident but all you can do is to love and support one another Blessings