Transfer death

I lost my dad march 2022 to lung cancer. He was 79. I’m 42. In the last 48 hours of his life I’m so traumatized by what I had to do for him it is breaking my heart and my mind. We promised him he would stay home which he did, but at a massive cost to me. I’m in therapy now to help me deal with the trauma. Reach out if u can relate. X

1 Like

Hello @Davejnr,

I’m so sorry to hear about your Dad. It sounds as though you have been through a really difficult time and at the moment and you are feeling like your heart is broken and traumatized. I am pleased that you are able to access therapy and welcome to the community.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

Hi @Davejnr…I totally understand. My dad had lung cancer as well. He went through Chemo and Radiation. Then in April 2022 he had complications from the radiation. He ended up in the ICU for a week in June where he passed. I held out hope until the end. I was with him the whole time. He was 74. I was devastated and still am. My heart is broken. Too top it off I lost my 72 year old mom 11 months before my dad. They were divorced and lived in different states, but I was close to both of them. Hang in there, and if you heed anything let me know. Hugs!!!

1 Like