Tributes in Memorium - what’s yours?

I had a tattoo in memory of my son. Gives me so much comfort. I then designed one with the symbols or strength and strongness with a flower running through it memory of my Mum and Dad. Already thinking about another one.

3 Likes

It is interesting how different people do things to remember.
I didn’t know why to do with the wooden cross with his name on when it was replaced by the headstone so I have put it in my garden. Any ideas where to put it?

3 Likes

I took the metal name plaque off it and screwed it to a favourite tree in our garden. Xx

3 Likes

I would keep the wooden cross and make a memory garden x

2 Likes

Jilly44uk
Yes that is a good idea thank you.

2 Likes

I have a vial on a chain with a lock of sues hair intertwined with mine and two rings with it as well.plus my two motorbikes have a guardian bell on them to ward gremlins off them and a nighty on sues pillow. Thinking of a tattoo as well

I just wear his wedding ring on my middle finger because it’s too big for my ring finger. They gave it to me at the hospital and I have not taken it off. I don’t even have a grave to visit. His ashes were scattered on the rose beds at the local cemetery in accordance with his wishes. I am okay with that. He is in my heart, that’s enough for me. Xx

3 Likes

So proud of you all & your lovely tributes. I lostt my husband suddenly 14 weeks ago today & I’m still in turmoil. I bought a rose which is named Paul’s rose & also an olive tree because he loved olives. Im also in the process of having a tattoo designed.

1 Like

Our (my😢) garden is full of roses, 150 different varieties. We chose new ones every year and visited rose gardens and growers. Our lawn got smaller and smaller to fit them all in! Is your ‘Paul’ rose a red one? I don’t think there is a rose called ‘Jeremy’. His favourite rose is one called ‘Love and Peace’. I cut one today and have it in my kitchen.

4 Likes

@Willow112 thats a lovely idea. Yes it is red. Ive also bought one called blue for you

1 Like

I have got Blue For You. It is beautiful. I hope you get as much pleasure from it as I do. It starts off blue/purple and fades to a lovely slate blue colour. Loads of blooms until the first frosts. My favourite this year is called Precious Time, deep red huge blooms with a black edge to the petals. Sorry, I am being boring now……

3 Likes

@Willow112 definitely not being boring. I will have a look for one of those it sounds lovely :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

My son will have died a year ago on the 17th July. The drama group that he went to who all have special needs invited us to their play yesterday. They did their version of Barbie with tribute to my son,whom they all loved. They did a raffle in which they raised a lot of money to donate to the London Red Ambulance to have his name put on one of their new Helicopters. I was so proud of them all ,and so proud of my late son who had so many friends.He Changed so many lives in his 47 years.This Cancer took one of the very best.

4 Likes

So very sorry for your loss. You must have been so proud yesterday, but it must also have been heartbreaking for you. My daughter has special needs.
Hugs xx

1 Like

We planted Paul’s Himalayan Musk. It has tiny flowers, so many of them and can get a bit wild. He loved it xx

3 Likes

I haven’t done anything yet. No funeral service, it was a direct cremation with his ashes scattered. I have worn his wedding ring since the hospital removed it from his hand. I think that I will choose a rose to plant in our garden, maybe later this month as it is our wedding anniversary on 26th. Xx

3 Likes

Willow112
A rose is a nice idea in your garden when you decide.
Also wearing his ring.
My husband never wore a ring to so wasn’t an option. No one much thought of men wearing wedding rings when we got married.

2 Likes