Triggers

It gives us comfort hearing them singing or talking just to hear their voices again

@Jules24
Ahh that’s so sad about your doggie.
Mine was very fond of my OH even though it was me who put all the hard work in… even now he loves male company…
What a lovely thing to do bring the ashes down… I’m not sure how my kids would react…I have what can only be described as a shrine around his ashes photos crystals his Bournemouth season ticket ect… he stays in the bedroom with me… I’m not sure I will ever be ready to spread his ashes where he wanted…

My daughter used to play the videos of her dad over and over again at the beginning
I couldn’t watch them at first… watching them now just makes me feel like he hasn’t gone and he is just away and will be coming back it’s quite upsetting .

@kwears2001
Thankyou yes he is very needy and it’s becoming suffercating… I used to enjoy having him before my partner passed… now I can’t wait until 9pm comes when I take myself upto bed to unwind…

@Deb5
It’s hard isn’t it i do ask how they are and I just get fine!
Congratulations on your new grandchild hope all goes well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know it’s hard but they need us and when you start to feel better you will enjoy having his company again . Sleep tight .

1 Like

Thank you. So do i … my daughter is nervous but they know what theyre doing dont they … bless her. Told her to think of her dad who will be watching over her. She has her necklace on with some of his ashes in, she says she has worn it through all her pregnancy x

1 Like

Your family’s reactions sound like mine.
My daughter has blocked it out she says it’s fizzing inside and it she opens the lid a crack she will explode. Not healthy I’ve encouraged her to seek counselling. My son can’t cope with my grief at all, he is barely keeping it together himself. He only moved out a few weeks before his dad died so I’m alone now.

It’s strange what you say about your dog . I have 2. The younger one has always been protective of me but now won’t even let my extended family, who she knows well hug me.

I think they sense your upset and trying to protect you .

2 Likes

Yeh dogs are so clever … they just know xx

1 Like

@Mandyjayne
I guess all we can do is be there when they need us at some stage there emotions will come to the fore…
I’m really struggling with my dog he is perfectly fine at night quiet from 9pm till 7am when I get up… but attention seeking all day… reality hit yesterday that I have to go back to work for another 8 years I can’t manage on the money my partner left… I guess it may do my mental health good but it’s finding a job taking into account leaving my dog for 4 hours max
I didn’t imagine this life we both retired last year :frowning:

1 Like

@Ilovehorses hi . Just a thought about your dog . Is it the dog that had been attacked a few weeks ago . It’s just my daughter’s dog was attacked a few years ago . He was a very placid dog , but after the attack became very needy and now doesn’t like other dogs . Also probably the loss of your partner and the change in how you are . Dogs can be very sensitive to change . Hey I’m no dog expert so ignore my comments if they are no help . Xtake carex

2 Likes

You both will adapt I know it doesn’t feel like it I moved over two hundred miles away from where I lived all my 66 years and lost hubby within two weeks of it change is frightening but you can do it . You will find your dog maybe needy now which is natural because of the fear he is experiencing also and trying to protect you at the same time . I understand about money worries suddenly it’s all on us but just keep posting on here we all are needing the support from each other as we know the journey we are all on together. Any help any of us can give you we will if only to listen

@Broken2222
Very valid points thankyou I’m
Sure that’s it! He was attacked yes very wary of some dogs now…

1 Like

I went back to work after about a month. I find being with other people helps . Makes me get up out of bed and have a routine. I had my own office before my husband died but I requested to move to the main office, I do have to hide in the loo to cry sometimes but in general company helps. I work mornings so my dogs are ok . They are tiny and have a cat flap. If you can find part time and it’s enough money that may be best for you. Grief is exhausting, you need to be easy on yourself but routine and company do help.

1 Like

Thankyou I know I will have to go back to work at some stage as the money I have won’t sustain me… It will
Probably do me good to have a routine.
at the moment my day consists of dog walks and binge watching tv with the occasional meet up with friends…that’s hard as there all still
Couples… I’m sorry for
Your tragic loss :frowning:

1 Like