Trying to be positive ( and failing).

I woke up early this morning so I thought I’d push myself to do something new. So, I booked up an early bird session at my local swimming pool and was round there for 8 am.
The staff weren’t at all friendly or welcoming in any way. No one spoke to me. I spent 45 mins swimming up and down trying to avoid this woman who clearly hadn’t understood the sign that told you to swim in a clockwise direction and was doing her own thing in the middle lane and kept stopping in front of everyone ( really annoying). I managed 30 lengths which I suppose is a positive despite being totally monotonous.
Couldn’t dry my hair as the hair dryers were totally useless and blowing out cold air !
Thought I’d visit the cafe and have some breakfast but there wasn’t much choice and by the time they got to serve me I’d nearly lost the will to live so I had a quick cappuccino (not nice…….clearly one of those packet ones).
If my hubby was listening to this he’d probably laugh and so would I normally, but at the moment I just can’t see the funny side.
It’s such hard work trying to be positive!

9 Likes

I had a similar experience yesterday, thought I’d treat myself to breakfast yesterday but it was already after 10am when I left. Went to post office first. Big queue, then went to little cafe nearby, wasn’t a seat in the place, drove to next town and decided to go to a quieter slightly out of town place, not realising there was kids football on nearby and queued for 15 mins. Then they didn’t do a proper breakfast, so I ended up eating something overpriced that I didn’t want in a place I didn’t want to be !
The day got significantly better after a false start. I did laugh to myself though.

4 Likes

Glad your day got better. Fingers crossed mine will then. I made my mind up last night to do at least ten positive things every day.
I’m about to make a list to draw ideas from.
Hope you’re having a good day today :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I think it was a very positive step to do this!

3 Likes

Thank you. Well I’m trying to make the effort at any rate :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Hope2

10 positive things a day, wow good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Let us know how you get on.

3 Likes

10 positive things, where to even start? Well I’m having my grandaughters dog for a week, so taking him for a walk will be one.
I’m picking up my husbands ashes tomorrow, but I dont know if that counts as a positive.
I’m going to my daughters for dinner today so there’s another.
I sorted new photos for my locket this morning, I’d been wearing it in the shower, big mistake, but I’ve learnt now.
So yes I can see some positives emerging.
Thankyou for suggesting this.
I’m still not sure about 10 though :thinking:

4 Likes

Being fairly recently widowed myself your posts made me laugh and helped me accept this is all part of the grieving and recovery process. Life is very frustrating sometimes I like yourselves have tried my best to get out the house and not spend the whole day inactive and grieving Some things work better than others.Thanks for posting

2 Likes

@Liro
Wow, lots of positive things you have planned!

I think collecting your husbands ashes is very positive. You get to bring him home and have a cup of tea and tell him what a plonker he is for leaving you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m quite looking forward to bringing my Andrew home for a little chat before I scatter his ashes.

I’m going to my mum’s for dinner today which will be nice but it always feels sad comming home alone.

2 Likes

You’ve just made me laugh, so another positive ticked off
Big hugs

3 Likes

Lito, if take the dog out for a walk each day for a week, count that as 7 positives! x

3 Likes

Yes will do :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So glad it made you laugh. We all need more to smile about. Take care.

2 Likes

There you go…… the positives can soon mount up if you include every tiny thing.
I found a really inspirational site online called 100 simple ways to immediately improve your life. It lists about 100 things, most of them just small stuff and I’ve realised that I’m already doing a lot of them every day which made me feel I’m doing better than I thought.
I’d post a link but I’m not too good with the technology, but I’m sure you could find it if you look online.

3 Likes

Thats good thinking, and if I take him twice a day thats 14 ! I think were all doing a good job at cheering each other up this morning. I just wish it would last. But just for a while we’ve smiled, so that too is a positve

5 Likes

@Hope2

Is this the one?

2 Likes

Thankyou Hope 2. I shall look for it. I think maybe were all doing better than we realise

1 Like

That’s it. Thanks Katyh :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Katyh. I will look at that later. Im at my daughters at the moment, but when I’m back home this evening I’ll definitely look at it

2 Likes

Thankyou Hope2 for the idea and KatyH for the link. This was just what I needed to see this morning. Another positive for you to tick off today Hope2. xx

5 Likes